purpleluggage floral headbands



Just a little info on the floral headbands I just posted. A lot of people have been asking about them saying they look so pretty and dainty but wonder why they're priced differently than most headbands out in the market, so I wanted to give you guys a little peek into what actually goes into making these pretty floral pieces :)


I begin by making the petal canes I will use to make flowers. I usually make them by batches so i always have several canes with the same color scheme.






my pasta machine, my trusty sidekick




When I've made enough canes, i cut very thin slices from these petal canes and make the flowers by hand, building each flower petal by petal.





And when I've made enough flowers I assemble them and lay them out on a brass finish headband base and bake the whole shebang in the oven. The whole process ( from making canes to baking to post-curing processes) takes about two days. yep. Two days.







So although they do cost more than your average headband, you're sure that each piece is unique and made with love.

My friend, Maren, wearing the first headband I made.






Comments

Cara Jane said…
They are so beautiful!
itsdaMama! said…
These are amazing! Found you on Pinterest :)
Thank you for showing us!
Andi
PURPLELUGGAGE said…
Thank you Cara Jane and itsdaMama!
Wendy said…
absolutely beautiful, and I know how much time goes into making canes!

Popular posts from this blog

New Canes